Saturday 7 April 2012

Splendid Nintendo 64 Music #2

Space Station Silicon Valley (1998)

As regular readers will know, Red Parsley recently celebrated not only a two year anniversary but also the posting of my 200th full game review! Hooray for me! To honour the occasion I decided to review one of my all-time favourite games - Space Station Silicon Valley. There are many reasons why I like this game so much - it's a nearly perfect blend of so many things I like in a game but none of them really stands above any of the others. However, one aspect that I can single out a little more easily here than any of the others is its music. The fantastic soundtrack by Stuart Ross is one of those rare ones that comes along every now and then which completely encapsulates the zany game that it accompanies. I've never been very good at categorising music though, so couldn't really explain it in the review. Most tracks are upbeat and feature the likes of organs, pianos, and snare drums and stuff like that and they're all very catchy! So much so, in fact, that I had a tough time deciding which to feature here. So, if you enjoy this selection, listen to some of the others on YouTube! I may even upload the rest at some stage... :)

(full Space Station Silicon Valley review here)



Special Note: I didn't record this great tune myself, I'm just an admirer, so all credit goes to the original composer

No comments:

Post a Comment